Read on to discover the results from our 2020 Lockdown Life survey, which deep-dives into shopper behaviour insights and people’s attitudes to supermarket shopping during lockdown.
Who will ever forget not being able to buy toilet roll, pasta or flour anywhere during the first lockdown?
Supermarkets were one of the few essential stores that remained open during Lockdown 1.0, and the sight of empty shelves across the country was truly a sight to behold!
Shopper behaviour insights are something that’s investigated a lot in the projects our participants take part in here at Angelfish Opinions; from shopalongs to discover how and why people make their purchases in different stores to focus groups discussing how everyday essentials can be improved, and much more!
In light of the impact the COVID-19 pandemic had on supermarkets and shopping during the first lockdown in 2020, we decided to run a Lockdown Life survey to uncover some deeper shopper behaviours and insights. We’re sure you’ll agree that the results are pretty eye-opening!
Read on to discover the statistics and outcomes of the survey below. And, as always, thank you very much to everyone who very kindly took part in this project!
Results from our Lockdown Life survey on supermarkets:
- Over 1,900 people surveyed on their supermarket shopping habits in September 2020.
- Over 70% of the people we surveyed are driven by offers and discounts rather than brand loyalty.
- Budgeting is high on the agenda, but sustainability is key. Nearly 75% stated that a supermarket sustainability policy was very important.
- 78% of people surveyed use a loyalty card, and over three quarters of these redeem points on food.
- Budget shopping and value for money are key drivers for over 60% shoppers.
- People are open to supporting charities; 43% would like to round up their shop to the nearest £ for charity.
- Nearly half of those we surveyed always set themselves a weekly budget.
Want to get your voice heard on your favourite shopping brands and get paid for it?
By taking part in market research projects such as accompanied shops and focus groups, you’ll have the opportunity to share your thoughts and opinions on your favourite products and be paid for your time and the shopper behaviour insights you provide!
Sound like something you’d like to get involved in? Simply sign up to our panel of participants here, and keep an eye out on our Current Projects page and our Facebook and Instagram accounts for upcoming projects you can apply to take part in!