Live sport has kicked off once again!
It goes without saying that sports are a huge part of our culture. Not only in the UK (as we’ve discovered, having run lots of sports market research projects over the years) but across the globe.
From watching and listening to the range of sports available on TV and radio – including football, rugby and tennis, all the way through to horseracing and the Olympics – to playing sports and video games as a hobby, sport and games are around us constantly.
In fact, according to research from The British Heart Foundation, people spend 122 hours on average watching and listening to sport every year!
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, however, live sporting events, sports clubs and social groups were sadly cancelled and postponed in order to help prevent the spread of the virus.
So, as part of our ongoing Lockdown Life series, we decided to conduct an exploration into people’s behaviours, opinions and activities around sports during the first lockdown (23rd March – 10th May 2020).
You can discover the results by taking a look at the sports market research Lockdown Life infographic below. Thank you to everyone who took the time to get involved!
Results from our Lockdown Life survey on Sport:
- Over 1,200 people were surveyed on their sport, betting and video gaming behaviours.
- 35% of those surveyed have been watching sport re-runs during lockdown.
- 35% of all surveyed have been getting their “sporting fix” by watching sports documentaries during lockdown.
- Only 30% of those that bet will remain loyal to a physical betting shop.
- The most common betting accounts are Paddy Power and William Hill.
- The most preferred betting accounts are Bet 365 and Sky Bet.
- 52% of all surveyed are looking forward to the return of football.
- There was not a significant increase in new video gamers! 30% pre-lockdown and only 31% during lockdown.
Want to share your opinions on sports – and get paid for it?
We’re often on the lookout for respondents to participate in sports market research here at Angelfish Opinions. By taking part, you’ll not only have the opportunity to share your thoughts, ideas and opinions on the sports, games and brands you love most but even get paid for your time!
If this sounds like something you’d like to get involved in, browse our current projects and sign up to our participant panel today. Lots of these projects are taking place remotely while the pandemic is ongoing!