Read on to discover the results of our Lockdown Life survey, which explored people’s attitudes towards holidays during the national lockdown in 2020, and how you can take part in holiday market research and other projects by registering with us!
“When can we go on holiday?”
… is perhaps one of the most commonly asked questions that has cropped up throughout the duration of the coronavirus pandemic! From 23rd March 2020, people were required to stay at home, and as a result, holidays across the world were cancelled left, right and centre.
Not only has this had a profound impact on the travel and tourism industry (including the cancellation of many holiday market research projects) but has also adversely affected holiday makers; not just financially, but also in terms of their wellbeing.
In fact, research indicates that holidays can provide a ton of benefits for our physical and mental health, and all the uncertainty around when we can travel again has had a significant negative psychological impact on the UK population.
With all this in mind, we decided to explore people’s attitudes towards holidays during the lockdown in one of our Lockdown Life research projects. Needless to say, the results were enlightening! Thank you very much to all 1,600 respondents who took part.
Results from our Lockdown Life survey on holidays:
- Over 1,600 people were surveyed to understand their attitudes towards holidays in 2020.
- Only 19% planned to book a holiday for the latter part of 2020.
- Of the 19% looking to book for 2020, 38% of those were only looking at the UK.
- 56% of people surveyed had a holiday booked which had been impacted by Covid-19.
- At the time of the survey (in 2020), only 1% did not intend to go on holiday in 2021, whilst a large proportion (32%) were considering overseas travel.
- 39% felt nervous about the prospect of going on holiday in 2020 after Boris Johnson’s announcement on 23rd June.
- 45% of those booking a holiday in 2021 are seeking a hotel.
- Top 3 priorities: A countryside or seaside location, accommodation following government guidelines and a good cancellation policy.
Want to get paid to share your views and have your voice heard?
As well as holiday market research, we recruit participants for a plethora of other different projects; from testing the latest and greatest tech to going on accompanied shopping trips, trying out newly developed recipes to exciting online communities and much, much more.
If this is something you think you’d be interested in getting involved with, be sure to browse the projects we’re currently recruiting for here. Keep an eye on our Facebook and Instagram pages too, as we often post new opportunities there first!
You can also sign up to our participant panel and take part in our upcoming projects by following the link below: